This job might no longer be available.
UI Engineering Manager
Palo Alto, CA
6 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ is looking for a UI Manager to join our Game UI Engineering team. You will collaboratively drive technical projects and provide leadership for engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment. You will work with our game design, engine, and art teams to collaborate on the overall planning, execution, and success of our projects. This is a manager role with responsibility for managing UI Developers.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Collaborate on assigning areas of product ownership to UI Developers
- Assist in UI prioritization and resource allocation
- Collaborate in generating high level vision for long term UI direction
- Effectively evaluate and hire top talent
- Create polished and compelling UI assets in collaboration with Art/Design leads
- Use your knowledge of UI/UX to develop high-fidelity layouts and iconography for mobile screens in a time sensitive manner
- Capable of implementing UI that balances aesthetic design, in-game performance and user friendliness
- Communicate regularly with end users to validate your implementation
- Work with game engineers and your team on executing against your mockup
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Customer Support, QA, and other cross-functional teams
- You’re forward thinking and are able to implement future-proof features in your work
- Incorporate usability feedback across multiple mobile devices
- Able to create and maintain RML/RCSS (very similar to HTML5/CSS3) and Lua files
- Able to own a feature/project and communicate time estimates reliably
- Ability to propose coding paradigms, standards and conventions to improve our codebase
- Confidence communicating and prioritizing UI tech needs to core Engine team for new UI features
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years UI development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- Bachelor's Degree. BS in CS or EE preferred
- Ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork, and commitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Experience in short release cycles
- Detail-oriented, organized and an aptitude for learning and taking directions well
- Excellent conceptual and UI coding skills
- Knowledgeable on best practices for presenting complex data on small screens
- Strong understanding of flow, composition, and design for mobile experience
- Flexibility to work in a design iterative environment and multiple projects
- Proficiency in development tools: Excellent HTML5, XHTML, CSS3 programming skills coding valid XHTML and CSS
- Experience with creating user interface for a consumer facing product
- Prior development or management experience with UI Developer teams
- Worked on tools catering to MMO’s
- Experience with mobile UI/UX
- Experience in agile development methodologies such as Scrum
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.