UI Engineering Lead
7 days ago
Job Title:UI Engineering Lead
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As a UI Engineering Lead you will be actively coding and engineering UI screens for various aspects of the game. You will need to possess practical knowledge of LUA scripting language with the ability to implement content into the game engine. Qualified candidates will need to have a strong background in engineering human graphical interfaces and have a well-rounded understanding of user experiences applicable to console games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++.
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test UI software on PC and console platforms.
- Collaborate with other internal departments. (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios.
- Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams.
- Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
- Motivate and manage a small team of fellow UI engineers.
- Building and organizing team backlogs, sprints and roadmaps.
- Mentor more junior engineers and be an efficiency multiplier for the team.
- Report to the Engineering Director.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field.
- Shipped at least one game title.
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code.
- Experience as a managing engineer.
- Passion for games.
- Aptitude for UX design.
- Background in ActionScript programming.
- Background in C# programming.
- Background in Lua programming.
- Experience with console development. (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Closely collaborated with offsite engineers on a large project.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.