Boston Massachusetts 02114 United States
3 days ago
Proletariat is seeking a mid to senior-level UI Engineer to join the team of our newest game in development, Spellbreak. This individual will work closely with artists and designers to build effective User Interfaces in Unreal Engine 4. UI Engineers also extend existing UI frameworks for in-game features and establish best practices for other engineers and artists. We are looking for someone who is a detail-oriented with experience building highly-polished products for demanding audiences.
- Work closely with other internal departments (art, design, QA, etc.) to implement new UI features.
- Develop and champion best practices for building easy to maintain, scalable, and flexible UI.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate new UI elements and flows
- Investigate bugs in UI and UI adjacent code, debugging where possible
- Create and maintain tools to assist UI Artists
- Evaluate performance, optimize, and test UI for PC and console platforms
- Assist in other areas of development as needed.
- A passion for creating engaging and effective UI to enhance the player experience
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in game development.
- One or more years of professional experience developing game systems for real-time networked multiplayer games preferred.
- Experience using Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG) Widget blueprints with logic written in code rather than blueprint graphs.
- Professional development experience with C/C++.
- Experience with other high-level programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, C#…), with Haxe ( https://haxe.org/ ) being preferred.
- Knowledgeable of current UI trends in gaming
- Able to formulate proposals for best workflows concerning UI
- Fosters an environment of collaboration
- Exhibits a high attention to detail