2 months ago
Phoenix labs is looking for a talented engineer to join our team to work on UI and gameplay systems. Previous experience working with Unreal Engine is preferred, especially experience extending and working with UMG.
- Work collaboratively with designers and artists to develop high quality UI screens.
- Develop robust systems and features for Dauntless.
- 4+ years experience developing C++ software in a professional setting.
- 2+ years experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Previous experience and understanding of best practices for using Unreal’s blueprint scripting system.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Understanding of best practices for measuring performance and making optimized features and UI.
- Understanding of basic security best practices when working on an online game.
- Understanding of the limitations and requirements of various gaming platforms, from a User Interface perspective.
- Passion for developing UI that is a pleasure to interact with and delights players.
- Previous experience working with UMG.
- Previous experience extending UMG or Slate functionality in Unreal Engine.
- Previous experience working on an online service game.
- Previous experience with scripting languages, especially Python.
About Phoenix Labs:
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org