14 days ago
People Can Fly development team is hungry for a User Interface developer. We are looking for an experienced developer, who is already working in the industry. You will be working on best-in-class UI for AAA games for multiple platforms - PC, Xbox, PlayStation,and more; work closely with UX designers, game designers, and gameplay programmers to achieve that.
Our mission is to create high-quality, responsive UI, which is vital for the best gaming experience. We aim to create stunning, performant interfaces with the most modern tools, leveraging the best features of C++, UMG and Unreal Engine.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with artists, designers and gameplay developers to work on cutting-edge features, improving player experience
- Work closely with other UI developers and game designers to organize effective prototyping process
- Polish UI prototypes to AAA level with attention to detail, especially with compliance, accessibility and layout
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable code
- Test, debug, profile and optimize implementations
- Create design documentation according to Team Standards
- Actively attend to code review
- Design and implement new UI systems, iterate on existing ones
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with developing and testing UI features across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of rendering, threading, networking and other systems impacting quality and performance
- Understanding of UMG optimization techniques
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Knowledge of design relating to user-interface and ergonomics
- Shipped-title experience
- JIRA, Swarm and Perforce Knowledge
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.