UI Engineer (Unity)
7 days ago
For this role you must be based in Europe or on Universal Time Coordinated UTC +/- 2 hours
Only CVs uploaded in .pdf form will be reviewed.
*At this time, we do not offer visa sponsorships, the candidates must be eligible to work where they currently reside.
We are looking for a mid-level Unity game engineer with a focus on UI development. We would like you to take an active role in bringing our projects to life across various platforms with a high level of polish and an eye for performance. You will work within our technology group and closely with designers, producing code to aid gameplay and UI functionality.
- Reporting directly to the project programming director.
- Liaising closely with the design and art teams so that their vision for UI presentation can be realised.
- Communicating engineering requirements and constraints to ensure project viability.
- Programming game and UI features, working closely with the programming director of the project, design and production.
- Producing robust, prompt, stable, cross-platform and optimised coding solutions to feature requirements.
- Maintaining specialisation in Unity and C#.
- Documenting and communicating updates, new technologies and findings.
Skills & requirements
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Professional, thoughtful, and an encouraging team player.
- Experience with developing in Unity with at least 2 years working as a programmer in the video games industry.
- Expertise and professional focus in the field of UI development.
Substantial experience working in C# and object-oriented programming.
- Self-motivation and a proactive learner.
- Work well in a remote environment.
- Experienced in profiling and optimisation.
- You are a fan of CRPGs and role-playing games in general.
- You are as comfortable working in gameplay code as you are in UI systems.
- You have previously shipped titles whilst in a similar role.
- You have experience developing on Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo platforms.
- You also have experience working with C++.
- Competitive salary - Living Wage Accredited employer
- Excellent career development opportunities in a rapidly growing studio.
- Flexible hybrid work model - the ability to work remotely or from the office, with occasional required in person meetings.
- Private medical and dental cover
- Full studio closure over Christmas
- Industry leading parental leave
- Childcare support
ZA/UM is a video game studio that in 2019 released the award-winning role-playing game Disco Elysium. We are based in the UK and Europe, we have offices in Porto, Brighton and London. Our team is spread across a number of countries around the globe. Currently, the team is composed of over 90 writers, artists, developers and producers.
ZA/UM is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The organisation - in providing goods and/or services and/or facilities - is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.