UI Director - Hybrid/Flexible
10 days ago
Are you an experienced team builder looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So as long as you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.
We’re looking for a new UI/UX Director to lead and mentor a growing team of varied UI skillsets, helping to improve processes and achieve excellence across multiple concurrent projects
While the core of the job is around building a high performing UI/UX team at Rebellion, where you will be managing, mentoring, and developing skills across the UI team. You will get the opportunity to not only learn a new engine but also to shape its future, helping to build best practices and define better ways to build our projects going forward!
At Rebellion, we don’t pigeonhole. As part of the UI team, you will play a key role in implementing efficient, complex, and beautiful UI. Not only will you create the fundamentals for the project framework, but we will also invite you to design UIs yourself and influence the features, working with multiple disciplines with different experiences from different walks of life. We believe that UI is never solved by a single person or a single point of view and that is why we want the best collaborators so that we can work together to make memorable experiences for us and for our players!
- Build the recruitment strategy for the UI discipline, including role definition, interviewing structure, hiring, onboarding and succession planning
- Drive the delivery and quality of the UI across the business, mentoring and supporting leads, designers, artists, and technical designers
- Help UI Artists and Art Directors to achieve visual excellence across a variety of visual styles, giving feedback and helping to improve process
- Learn to use a visual scripting toolset and see how to create UI using one of the best UI toolsets in the industry!
- Experience leading a multi-platform game through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Experience building the UI branding for a game in conjunction with a team of UI artists, the project Art Director and the Marketing/Publishing team
- Experience in one of the following fields:
- Either UI Art (branding, editorial design, illustration and typography)
- Or UX Design (interaction design, prototyping, accessibility and user research)
- Portfolio demonstrating appropriate, professional experience
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies and social events!
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly and creative atmosphere. We love what we do and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can to be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all of our live vacancies: Rebellion : Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.