9 days ago
As a UI Developer, your role is to implement a wide variety of great looking UI components, interfaces, screens, flows and widgets for our games.
You will use UI Toolkit / Unity UI in Unity3D, and will optimize your work for performance, accessibility and inclusive design.
You will work with an experienced team with a lot of drive and energy.
What will you do here?
- Architect, design, implement, and maintain new and existing interfaces and related systems for our projects
- Work with UI/UX Lead, Designers, Artists, and Programmers to create high quality and cutting edge user experiences
- Maintain a clean and optimized UI codebase, ensure consistent coding conventions, and help develop best practices
- Create dynamic and responsive UI that can scale and reflow to suit a variety of resolutions and localized content
- Work with the UI/UX Artists to come up with practical solutions to technical challenges and ensure in-game implementations match mockups and vision
What are the qualifications you need for this position?
- 3+ years of experience building UI and experiences in game engines and across multiple platforms (mobile, web, pc, consoles).
- 2+ years of experience shipping updates and new features to a user base on a regular cadence.
- Excellent C# programming skills
- Unity3D development experience
- Working knowledge of UI Toolkit and/or Unity UI
- A solid understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development
- Ability to listen to feedback and collaborate with others to come up with creative solutions to challenging designs
- Must work well in a team environment with both programmers and artists
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What can you expect from us?
- We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
- We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
- You would work in a small agile team and professional programmers where everybody’s inputs are valued;
- The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
- You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
- Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
- You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
- We don't have many meetings :)
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- Work from Home program available.
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling.
- Short Friday
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- All the usual perks: cafeteria, free coffee, free fruits, gaming room, relaxation area, free gym. (We will enjoy these again after things will get better.
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English or Romanian CV. We will look at what projects and technologies you have worked on so far.
If you have worked on your own on a game or applications, send us your link and we will be happy to check it out!
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our lead programmers, and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next, you will take a remote test , followed by a chat with one of our lead programmers and HR. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 1.5 weeks, but of course it depends on how fast you can come to us.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 1-2 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audienceof 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partnerwith major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
About Gameloft Bucharest
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.