UI Designer (World of Warships)
13 days ago
The World of Warships team is looking for a Game interaction designer and user interface designer in Belgrade. Together with the development team, you will work on improving current game mechanics and creating new ones. Tasks include designing combat and service interfaces.
World of Warships game is a free-to-play naval action MMO that puts players in command of some of the most iconic ships in history. From agile destroyers to mighty battleships, players can choose from a variety of classes and nations as they battle it out on the high seas.
Apply and join us in building the future of World of Warships!
What will you do?
- Interact with game designers, interface assembly technicians, artists and text editors
- Design the user interface from a sketch to the final implementation and author's control of the interface assembly
- Design and support of interaction systems and visual systems for solving game design problems
- Maintain and improve the visual style of the game interface
- Control the visual quality of the UI at each stage of production: conception, design layouts, implementation into the game
- Iteratively improve the design of features in accordance with user feedback and possible changes in the technical requirements of the development
- Write user-oriented game texts and work with the game text editor
- Prepare project documentation: interaction description, UI guidelines, fixing rules and improvements in the user interface system
What are we looking for?
- Ability to work with established stereotypes and rules of the current game interface and its principles of interaction
- Ability to match the established visual style of the game when designing interfaces
- Ability to detail and clearly fix the rules for building interfaces, visual guidelines in the project documentation
- Knowledge of raster and vector programs, prototyping programs (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Figma)
- Advanced Russian and intermediate English skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Art education
- Engineering education
- Experience with complex interaction systems
- Ability to draw by hand
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Belgrade office benefits include:
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum of 20 working days (maximum +5 working days dependent on years of services with Wargaming Group)
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Team buildings / corporate events
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Referral program with rewards
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.