9 days ago
As UI Designer you will be responsible for defining the look and feel of the game UI and menus, designing and creating assets, and advocating for the user experience and flow.
The ideal candidate is a champion of UI / UX design principles and best practices, particularly in how this can elevate the overall experience in games. As the sole UI Designer on the team, this role will be responsible for spearheading the overall style and usability of the UI, in collaboration with design, programming, and QA departments. This person is a team player, willing to help others identify problems and seek creative solutions.
Bonus points for having experience in facilitating or gathering player feedback in multiple iterations of interface design!
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the development team to understand and define the UI / UX requirements for the game and its features.
- Create mockups, wireframes, and moodboards to establish the look and feel of all in-game UI and Menus.
- Create all layouts and art assets necessary for implementation, including creating or identifying any supporting visuals such as motion, typeface, or otherwise.
- Gather and interpret user feedback in order to improve the overall player experience of the interface and menus.
- Support any brand or marketing related needs for the product as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking.
- An understanding and passion for video games, with specific focus on what makes for great UI / UX!
- 3 years experience in the role of UI Design or UI Artist.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 / UMB.
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms.
- Experience with Certification requirements for game platforms.
Keep in Mind!
- Submissions without portfolio or work showcase will not be considered.
- Please include examples of game UI and Menu final assets as well any steps in design.
- This role will require a design test to be completed as part of the interview process.
Benefits & Perks
- Four weeks paid vacation
- A no crunching policy
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Monthly learning credit
- Free breakfasts and snacks
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare benefits
We're the studio behind the hit franchise Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. At Torn Banner we understand that long, hard hours are not conducive to being a happy, healthy person. Combine this idea with a flat studio structure and profit sharing and you've got ideals that promote a positive, low stress environment to help us create awesome games. As a small team of developers, each individual has a huge impact on the final product that we put out, so we put emphasis on being open with each other, giving/receiving critical feedback, and not letting an false sense of authority cloud our vision. The more eyes and input that we have from different disciplines and personality types, the better our releases will be.