This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
At Squanch games, we like crazy ideas. However we recognize an idea is only ever as good as the player understands it to be, and that’s where you come in! We are currently looking for a User Interface designer to help us build our game menus, HUDs, and related features for our upcoming games. As a User Interface designer, you will use a combination of graphic design, visual scripting and artistic skills to help define the lens through which players will understand and play our games.
Squanch Games uses a work-from-work approach to game development. This means that we never start a body of work without the end result being something playable in the engine. In this role you will work closely with other designers, engineers, and artists to build UIs from start to finish.
At Squanch Games, we make stuff that people love: games that we want to play ourselves. We make experiences that we would like to be totally immersed in and enjoy for hours at a time, as well as shorter, crazier experiences that would be great to play with a group of friends or possibly with stray homeless people that you invited in so you could feed and bathe them.
If you share these values, come join us!
- Create and drive UI designs using mockups, prototypes, and user flows with semantically appropriate controls.
- Build user interfaces in the unreal engine using blueprint scripting and UMG.
- Maintain and iterate on existing UI features to support the player experience.
- Continually evaluate UI feedback from team members, testers and leads.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Iterate on and improve UI responsiveness and reactivity--really make it pop!
- 1 or more years as a graphic designer, or building game UIs. Shipped titles as a UI designer are a plus, but not required.
- Experience using the unreal engine (or similar), including visual scripting, UMG and animation toolsets.
- Experience with photoshop, illustrator or similar image editing software. While this role does not require you to make the UI art assets, you may do so if desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Health, dental & vision.
- 401k and FSA.
- Flexible PTO and work from home policies.
- Bonus to ensure a comfortable work from home setup.
- Monthly snack box.