6 days ago
Do you love creating cutting-edge user interface that is stylish and easy to navigate?
If you have answered ‘yes’, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our awesome new UI Designer and join our passionate and talented team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
As a UI Designer you will implement intuitive, stylish and cutting-edge user interface experiences and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction.
This role would suit someone with expert knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D packages, visual scripting and Modern user interface design principles, and game navigation.
The Rebellion UI Team are dedicated to creating intuitive, cutting edge user interfaces that enhance the user experience of our games.
- Work closely with a GUI Artist to design and implement 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Work closely with each project’s design team to ensure menus and interface reflect the overarching goals of the title in the most intuitive fashion
- Design multi-platform UI solutions and designs for various input devices
- Streamline and implement logical menu flow and function of interfaces
- Work with Technical Artists and Tools Programmers to improve efficiency of workflows
- Create an efficient, functional and visually captivating UI, considering the design fundamentals and user experience
- Research and solve any UI barriers for players through iteration based on internal feedback
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Support the Lead UI in any ad hoc tasks and duties
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
Expert knowledge and understanding of:
- Photoshop or other 2D packages
- Visual scripting
- Modern user interface design principles, and game navigation
- GUI design and creation of graphic elements and animations
- Graphic design skills including layout, typography, font formats and colour
- Video game development process
- Production pipelines
- Analyse data and issues whilst generating ideas
You should also:
- Easily able to adapt to new processes or pipelines
- Effectively able to communicate ideas and thoughts about your work to colleagues both verbally and in writing
- Able to provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creative solutions
- Able to manage workload with little direction
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries