This job might no longer be available.
8 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The EA SPORTS PGA Tour franchise is looking for a Technical Experience Designer who is passionate about solving complex problems and building experiences to delight our players
- The Technical Experience Designer bridges the gap between artists and software engineers.
- Work with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to implementation.
- Create and implement UI screens, widgets, script animations and effects for game front-end and HUD.
- Recreation of authentic broadcast overlays and in game overlays to match styles: Create state-of-the-art in-game content, with a goal of organization, reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable)
- Break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision
- High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
- Stay up-to-date on changes in technology, regarding hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques
- Investigate new techniques and implement them within the game.
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- You will report into the Development Director of the team you'll be part of.
- Experience prototyping, developing and maintaining UI features from concept to release.
- Experience with scripting languages (C#, Actionscript…), visual scripting or other Object Oriented programming languages.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and other applications from Adobe suite (After Effects, Adobe XD)
- Experience with UI/UX implementation in game engines desired, such as Unity or Unreal.
- Strong technical skills, and ability to quickly learn new proprietary production tools and workflow
- Strong attention to detail in both visual animation and programming
- Excellent problem solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both engineering and art, articulating both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech.
- Must be able to document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
- A portfolio that showcases relevant work that contains well thought out process and excellent craft execution, in the areas of UI/UX technical design (motion graphics and game development is a plus.
- Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
- Understanding of revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal.
- Visual, UX or Motion Design Experience.
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired (BSc Computer Science or Game Programming, Game Art and Design Diploma or related).