East Side Games
17 days ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A UI DESIGNER HAVE AT ESG?
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money , or in this case, one of our exciting unannounced IP’s, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As our first UI Designer, you’ll work in partnership with our UX Manager on the entirety of the UI/UX process of a world-renowned IP, creating a complete UI design system. You’ll join this project in pre-production and have creative input in the UI patterns, iconography, wireframes and style through to its implementation in Unity, prior to worldwide launch! We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications within Canada!
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- You will design and implement on icons, interactions and animation, user flows and wireframes in Unity in partnership with our UI/UX Manager, ensuring consistency and design best practices
- Create and iterate on polished UI art mocks consistent with art style guide
- Partner with Engineering to implement exported UI assets into Unity
- You’ll take valued insights from our usability tests and analytics to quickly iterate and improve the UI
- You’ll manage the UI art assets library and pipeline process, becoming a subject matter expert for the studio
- Work closely with a small, in-house team to bring this project from pre-production through to global launch!
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- 1 - 2 years working experience working in UI design or similar role
- Working experience of implementing UI elements, buttons and style into Unity
- UX, Communication Design or Games education background, with a strong understanding of “User Centred” design
- Strong knowledge of UI design and vector art creation tools, such as the Adobe Suite, Sketch, or similar
- An innate ability to pick up and learn new technologies quickly
- An ability to create polished UI mockups and interactions that are consistent with the art style guide using vector graphics
- Portfolio showcasing previous UI work on other games or similar projects. Showcases design sense, technical skill and reasonings. Bonus points for having one working game example!
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic studio
- Ability to communicate UI needs and solutions clearly and effectively, both written and orally
- Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We’re also a remote-first studio and encourage all applications!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!