UI Designer/Artist - Unannounced Project
9 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:UI Designer/Artist - Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a skilled and inventive individual to create and maintain interface screens for a new mobile Warcraft experience. The ideal candidate should possess outstanding aesthetic design and illustration skills along with the ability to create clean, functional interfaces for complex gameplay features. They should also be familiar with the stylistic themes of Warcraft and exhibit the ability to develop new and compelling user interface features that match.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with the design and technology teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality, look and feel
- Help game designers visualize systems and bring new features into the game
- Maintain familiarity with the game's design
- 3+ years of game and interface development experience
- A strong sense of user interface flow
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and prototypes to solidify design direction and plans
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Able to adapt your artistic style as needed to the project
- Knowledge of Warcraft and Game UI in general
- Be able to create simple UI animations
- Experience building mobile games
- Experience building Web UX / UI
- Experience with wire-framing and animation tools (Axure Pro, Flash, After Effects, etc.)
- Knowledge in a scripting language like HTML, Python, or Lua
- Experience in Unity
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio - Please provide a URL or PDF file with samples of work
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.