4 months ago
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a UI Artist to collaborate in the design and creation of the user interface for our next, world-class RPG.
This artist will be responsible for developing a thoughtfully designed user interface. Tasks will include inventing concepts, mocking up designs with animation, creating assets, importing them, as well as working with programmers to assemble and animate them in Unreal Engine 4.
- Develop and maintain a style guide for all game screens
- Create initial mock-ups for a variety of UI screens including title and loading screens, in-game HUD, in-game menus, inventory, and character creation
- Create art elements and follow through with UI implementation, iterating as necessary for the highest quality result, in UE4
- Collaborate effectively with UI team and project leads during review sessions to achieve intuitive functionality and an attractive visual appearance
- Meet project deadlines and milestones as set by Project Leads and the Producer
- 3+ years of professional experience working as a UI artist in computer or console gaming
- Able to effectively collaborate with the Art Director, UI Programmers and UI Designers to create the user-interface: HUD, windows, menus, icons and other interactive elements
- Able to mock-up layouts and contemporary animations and effects for UI elements in Flash and/or After Effects
- Experience developing game UI in UE4, Unity, or CryEngine
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience developing RPGs for console or PC
- A good technical aptitude and knowledge of Unreal Engine's Blueprints and UMG
- Previous experience with video editing or compositing
- Examples of web design (Flash, HTML, CSS, or XML)
- Familiarity with any of the following programs: Premiere, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Perforce, Confluence, and Jira
- An understanding of typography
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality PC and console game UI screens and animation
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept emailed applications.