London England United Kingdom
14 days ago
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally. We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a UI Artist to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
- Your primary role is to produce quality artwork needed to visualise a Game User Interface.
- You will have a keen attention to detail and consistency that ensures your work is accurate and technically sound to allow the team to correctly transition it into game.
- You will adapt styles as necessary, during the exploratory stages of pre-production or as you move projects.
- You will also be required to investigate style options that helps the Leads and Directors realise their vision.
- You will be required to create and quality check in-game assets and entire menus to ensure they match visual and technical briefs.
- You will track your time and report your progress, or any risks and issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- Demonstrated ability to design UI for Video Games
- Demonstrated, solid foundation in art fundamentals
- Demonstrated understanding of composition and visual hierarchy for improved UI
- Theoretical understanding of motion for improved UI
- Understands platform requirements (e.g. Console/Mobile)
- Proficient with generating ideas/concepts/thumbs in 2D
- Proficiency in design software (e.g. Adobe CS, Flash)
- Proficient in UI game tools (e.g. NGUI)
- Understanding of UI/interaction design and UX pipelines and workflow
- Clearly follows best working practices - seeks agreement on direction by presenting a variety of well drafted/grounded ideas before starting final art
- Annotates work for clear handover to artists/designers/engineers
- Follows up on their art and provides support as it is transitioned into game
- Keeps up with industry trends and techniques
- Avid follower of interface design trends
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.