27 days ago
Work From Anywhere in the U.S., Chicagoland Preferable - Remote #LI-Remote
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games use enthralling casual and hyper-casual game mechanics to capture the challenge of medical practice: from diagnosis puzzles to particle games that let you pay with molecules. All are visually stunning and beautifully designed to maximize fun and reward - and perfectly balance challenge and skill.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat , League of Legends , Call of Duty , Walking Dead , and Star Wars . Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We're now looking for a mobile-focused UI Artist to join our Level Ex Medical team as we grow a new genre of hyper-casual medical games in the video game industry.
- Collaborate with the team to define and implement innovative UI solutions that serve gameplay intentions and enhance the user experience.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs for in-game UI components such as menus, icons, stats screens, and in-game HUD elements.
- Ensure UI/UX consistency across all platforms and maintain a consistent visual identity.
- Work with artists, programmers, designers, producers, and others to integrate art assets into the game while ensuring technical constraints are met.
- Utilize user-centered design methodologies to refine UI elements based on player feedback and usability testing.
- Occasionally update our live products with new content and features.
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience working in game development or mobile app environment.
- Experience shipping at least one professional game or mobile app as a UI Artist.
- Experience working in Unity3D, Unreal Engine, or a proprietary game engine creating and implementing UI assets.
- Excellent portfolio demonstrating UI design skills, including wireframes, prototypes, and final UI in-game implementations.
- Solid understanding of mobile UI design principles and processes.
- Demonstrable experience with Adobe CC design tools, Sketch, Figma, or similar.
- Aptitude for quickly learning new tools and processes when necessary.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with an ability to articulate design concepts.
- 3D modeling, motion graphics, or illustration skills.
- Knowledge of scripting or programming languages relevant to UI development.
- The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $80,000 annually, based on the experience and qualifications of the individual.
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans, one with 100% company-paid premiums at all levels.
- 401(k) with a generous company-paid match program.
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- In-person and remote-friendly events, i.e., board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, and virtual happy hours.
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a link to your best portfolio work (required).
Equal Opportunity Statement (EEO)
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender identity or expression, medical condition, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Our commitment to inclusion across identity and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions for this or any role we have posted, please do not contact us .
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job now or in the future.
Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube
Please be aware of scammers impersonating Level Ex recruiters. All email correspondence regarding jobs with Level Ex will come from a level-ex.com email address. If being contacted by someone with a levelex.works or levelex.careers email address is fraudulent - please do not respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.