1 year ago
UI Artist | Art | London | Permanent
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for a UI Artist to join the team in London and deliver visually impressive free to play gaming experiences. We really value our players and you will be a key part of defining how they interact with our games. You will have a strong understanding of UI Art and Design and have an ability to create sleek, clean and stylish user interfaces. You should be collaborative with the ability to quickly understand and translate requirements into beautiful user experiences.
- Collaborate with Designers and the Product Owner to prepare an excellent UI design
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Art Director to define an appropriate UI art style
- Create high quality UI artwork and the associated source assets to match the sleek, high quality visual style of our games
- Creation of UI wireframe prototypes
- Work with client engineers to implement well functioning and bug free UI within Unity
- Design elegant UX layouts in conjunction with the design team, including wireframes and user flow
- Be required to attend regular design meetings and team presentations.
- Contribute to planning and scheduling
- Proven UI Art experience within the games industry with a portfolio of work examples
- Strong logo and iconography design skills
- Experience of the design workflow, starting from paper level, through wireframes to functioning prototypes
- The ability to demonstrate a practical understanding of UX/communication design conventions and how they affect player behaviour and be aware of current and emerging trends
- Excellent visual design skills (sense of proportion, layout, graphical form, typography, colour, composition and negative space)
- Have a good sense of colour and composition, understand what looks great
- Technical proficiency with; Photoshop, Illustrator, Unity
- An interest in working on mobile games
- A desire to have a big impact within a small empowered team
At Hutch we have very varied roles, so we’d welcome any of the additional skills but it is not a requirement
- Experience in VFX, 2D animation and motion graphics
- Experience with 3D art software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Modo or Zbrush
- UX prototyping design software such as Figma, Adobe XD or Flinto
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.