11 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for a passionate UI Artist with Unreal Engine experience. In this position you will collaborate with a highly experienced multidisciplinary team on creating final high quality UI assets and follow through with execution in the engine. Diversity is a core value for us and under represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
In this role, you will
- Contribute to the new vision for Fortnite’s UI that we’re working towards.
- Collaborate with an experienced team of UX Designers, UI Visual Designers, UI Tech Artists, and UI Tech Designers to bring features to completion to an established AAA quality.
- Work quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Work daily inside of Illustrator, Photoshop and the Unreal Engine to generate high quality art assets and be able to implement final assets inside the game using textures, animations, data, UMG, and blueprints.
- Be responsible for working within established style guidelines for existing initiatives as well as help to conceptualize and iterate on future initiatives.
What we’re looking for
- You ideally have 2-4 years of experience working with a multidisciplinary team having shipped quality UI using Unreal Engine.
- You are skilled with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and have a solid workflow creating clean files that allow for fast iteration and the creation of final art assets.
- A solid understanding of widget parent/child hierarchy relationships and their impact on different platforms.
- The ability to collaborate with UI Tech Designers on correctly hooking up widgets and animations inside of blueprints.
- A working understanding of materials and material instances.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
- Diversity is a core value for us and under represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
- 5+ years of experience designing in game UI and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
- Worked on and shipped AAA game titles.
- Sequencer animation experience.
- Working knowledge of using and updating files in Figma.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.