Stockholm Stockholms lan SE 104 60 Sweden
2 days ago
UI Artist at DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, with Battlefield V being the latest installment. We are also the home of Mirror's Edge and Star Wars Battlefront.
With games trending more and more into social experiences, there is increased demand for great presentation and intuitive accessibility, which is where you come into the picture. As a UI Artist at DICE you will have great influence over both the user interface of our products, including both menus and HUD elements, as well as the larger user experience and presentation of our games.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating assets that live up to the visual and technical goals and requirements of our products.
- Being structured and able to own features independently together with other disciplines.
- Actively seeking feedback on your work and giving it to others’.
Who you are
- Proficient in 2D packages such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Intermediately skilled in a 3D package such as Blender, Maya, 3ds Max or Cinema 4D.
- Understanding of layout, typography, iconography, animation and interaction design.
- Good technical understanding and appreciation for smart ways to create flexible and scalable UI.
- Passion for UX and information design.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Detail-oriented with a passion for pixel perfection.
- Excellent at collaboration and communication.
It’s great if you also have
- Knowledge in a prototyping package such as Adobe XD.
- Experience with creating motion graphics in a video package such as Adobe After Effects.
- Experience with implementation and basic logic with a game engine, e.g. visual scripting.
- Listen and talk to the team, seeking out the most effective way to contribute and support the work they are doing.
- Research and gather reference. Create mockups and prototypes and get them approved.
- Produce assets in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator and implement elements in the Frostbite editor.
- Contribute to internal visual material, such as presentations, style guides or documentation.
- Collaborate and contribute to the production of brand materials, such as key art, logos, style guides, wallpapers, etc.
- Participate in playtests and feedback on the player experience.
- Bug fixing features to ensure a high-quality product.
- Documenting your processes and workflows for the rest of the broader team to use and/or follow.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know...
The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Cover Letter. Only applicants with a portfolio will be considered and you may be asked to perform a work assignment during the hiring process.
We look forward to receiving your application!