This job might no longer be available.
Los Gatos, California
7 months ago
Cryptic Studios is seeking a talented UI Artist to collaborate in the design and creation of the user interface for our next multi-platform game!
You’ll be responsible for conceptualizing and developing a seamless, polished experience across PC and current/next gen consoles.
With a unique combination of artistic abilities and technical aptitude, you’ll be the bridge between artists, designers, engineers and players who ensures that our next game interfaces look, feel and play great.
**What you’ll be doing:**
* Creating visual concepts, wireframes and prototype pitches for game UI features, interfaces and iconography
* Working closely with the Art Director and UI team to establish a compelling and cohesive look for interfaces and game branding
* Collaborating with Design, Engineering and other developers to brainstorm, conceptualize, create, implement and iterate until complex systems are represented with UI that feels natural and obvious
* Managing visual designs and styles for multiple features across the breadth of the game, and delivering final assets that meet performance targets
**What we'd like to see:**
* 3+ years’ experience creating user interfaces, titles and menus for games, film or web
* Exceptional graphic design skills, including a solid understanding of color, composition, space and typography
* Ability to create both static and dynamic animated UI systems with a solid understanding of basic animation principles
* Strong game design sensibilities and ability to create heads-up displays, menus and interfaces that reflect gameplay needs
* Deep knowledge of game UI/UX and understanding of current UI practices in PC and console games
* Expert knowledge of visual design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
* Ability and willingness to learn proprietary and consumer user interface tools
* Excellent communication skills and a positive, professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines
* BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
* Experience with scripting and programming languages (Python, Lua, C++, C#, etc.)
* Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
* Avid gamer on multiple platforms
**Required Application Materials:**
* Resume and cover letter
* Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant technical and/or artistic skills
* An art test and/or additional artistic sample materials may be required
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events