17 days ago
Job Title:UI Artist
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare . Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a UI Artist for an exciting unannounced project.
This person will work closely with the UI/UX Design team and UI Engineers to establish functional, original, and attractive interfaces for our game.
Responsibilities include generating original art content for the front-end, heads up displays, and a multitude of core areas of our product. All solutions should be intuitive, stylish and have a consistent style as established by our Studio Art Director, UX Director and Style Guide.
The UI Artist should have experience within game navigation and must demonstrate a broad range of skills and abilities that include:
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game title.
- Possess a strong Graphic Design background and understanding of User Interface development.
- Strong in creating original and bold graphics.
- Previous hands on experience developing for multi-platform user interfaces.
- Comfortable working closely with the UI Director to understand and incorporate needs into the UI. This includes speaking to feedback as well as being able to competently explain UI decisions.
- Able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule.
- Actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Strong understanding of Typography as well as Layout, Color and iconography
- Understanding of working with Style Guides/specific Art Direction.
- Previous Game Development Experience.
Tools of the trade:
- After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Flash/Action Script (or similar)
- 3ds Max and/or Maya
- Cinema 4D
- Scripting experience
- Animation experience/After Effects
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.