11 days ago
Job Title:UI Artist
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
As a UI Artist you will demonstrate outstanding technical knowledge of the process and practice of creating in-game UI artwork. You can conceptualize the tone, style, and direction of key visual elements—from unique assets and iconography—to larger thematic art styles that drive the over-arching art direction, and ultimately serves the desired UX language. You are comfortable with the execution of concepts and asset creation for engineering—using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or After Effects. Experience with 3D tools, 3D asset pipelines, and capturing in-game content is a bonus.
This role will report to the Lead UI/UX Designer, and will be expected to collaborate within a team of UI/UX designers and artists, engineers, and gameplay designers, to create intuitive systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI related artwork.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work) , be a creative problem solver, good communicator and presenter of UI/UX work, and enthusiastic collaborator who revels in working with a passionate team, across multiple disciplines.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Exercise an intense understanding of games industry, interactive media art styles and aesthetics.
- Influence overall UI art styles and creative direction(s) through your work.
- Create and implement UI artwork within defined look & feel.
- Conceptualize, develop, present, and execute ideas on schedule.
- Iterate on art and design concepts based on feedback.
- Actively participate in artistic, design, and technical problem solving.
- Work to achieve consistency in art style and quality of one's own work.
- Contribute to group peer reviews and feedback in a constructive manner.
- Possess a strong graphic design background and/or understanding of design principles.
- Demonstrate understanding of the game’s branding, design, functionality, and technical requirements
- Use in-house tools as appropriate and provide feedback to improve our toolset and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot, seek solutions, and ask questions.
- Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Have a passion for games and interactive media.
- Specialized training in graphic and interactive design or illustration from a 4 year program or equivalent level of professional experience required.
- Two to five years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.