UI Artist - Treyarch
10 days ago
Job Title:UI Artist - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for a UI Artist to join our team!
As a UI Artist, you will iterate on concept sketches, deliver high fidelity comps and bring visual designs to life in engine. Interdepartmental collaboration is critical in this role where user experience and visual aesthetics meet to deliver our players high quality experiences.
You should have a good understanding of human-software interaction and experience communicating complex information with simple aesthetics. You should also be passionate and have a fundamental understanding of art and design principles.
What you’ll do…
- Deliver high-quality work, ranging from initial sketches to high fidelity visual comps for game features, core UI elements and iconography
- Work with the UI Lead and peers to generate assets for menus, HUD, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps and other game features while maintaining a consistent visual aesthetic throughout the UI
- Implement designs in engine, ensuring they meet visual and functional standards
- Collaborate with user experience designers, engineers, and other artists to iterate on features until they reach AAA quality
- Contribute to pipeline and process improvement discussions
To succeed you should have…
- 2+ years of experience working in visual media, with a focus on user interface design
- Game industry experience on at least 1 commercially shipped title is preferable
- Portfolio demonstrating examples of user interface and iconography
- Solid Knowledge and experience with visual design, motion design, typography, and iconography
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma or other industry standard design tools
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management capabilities
- A basic understanding of user experience principles
- The ability to receive peer and stakeholder feedback and iterate based on that feedback
- A passion for Games
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience working in a related field, such as advertising, motion graphics, web design, information architecture, illustration, or industrial design
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media Design, Graphic Design, Illustration or Industrial Design
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.