UI Artist [The Settlers] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
11 days ago
The UI Artist will be responsible for creating high quality, modern interface solutions, 2D artworks and animations for game development.
- Create modern Interface Designs from conception to final quality
- Translate high-level gameplay ideas into visual functional UI Designs
- Establish logical, readable UI solutions and usability strategies
- Develop flexible designs that ensure extension and further development
- Layout and implement HUD & Menu designs
- Create convincing UI animations to drive attention and offer guidance for players
- Provide good Information Hierarchy that enhances the player experience
- Communicate ideas & concepts with international teams and stakeholders
- Assist Engineers to ensure implementation reflects the Design Vision
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or Flash
- Good sense for Motion design / Motion graphics
- Proficient in creating ideas, prototyping and final realization
- Profound graphic design skills (design, layout, typography)
- Think critically and conceptually
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
- Be self-motivated and organized
Knowledge and Experience
- Work experience ofat least 2 years in the Video Game industry
- Good knowledge in Animation (2d or 3d)
- Profound knowledge of UI implementation processes in video game projects
- Familiar with industry game engines and prototyping workflows
- Practical experience with data management software (perforce)
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Strong compositing skills and video editing skills are a plus (After effects, Premiere)
- Being an avid gamer is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of modern layouts and screen design
- Examples of dynamic motion design and interface animations
- Examples of style variety
- Examples of icons and other UI elements
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.