This job might no longer be available.
UI Artist, Lead
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone , Uncharted: Golden Abyss , and Syphon Filter , is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a UI Artist Lead who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of AAA products with a specialized focus on creating user interface designs and assets utilizing a combination of traditional graphic design and technical art skills
- Creating UI Designs and Concepts that drive the artistic goals and design vision through all phases of the game development cycle. This entails creating concepts for UI assets that are of the highest artistic quality, uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Responsible for the art, design, and implementation of following user interface components: Front end menus and screens, In game HUD (heads up display) elements, Various graphic images for mapping and compositing and other design elements used in game and during cinematics, etc.
- Working directly with designers to solve layout and usability issues.
- Working directly with engineering to solve interface technical and implementation issues, while adhering to their technical guidelines.
- Collaborating with the Art and Creative Directors to develop a visual style and language that enhances the gameplay and user experience
- May need to assist with other art assets as needed, like 2D textures, marketing materials, etc.
- Independently undertaking research and information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction, and technological considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals
- Actively advancing skill set and abilities, keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products and learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- At least 7-10 years of game art production, TV, or film related experience
- Bachelor degree or Equivalent
- Preferred 10+ years of game art production with credit on several shipped AAA titles
- Advanced working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Unreal or other similar game engines
- Demonstrated interface animation skills using Flash, After Effects, Max, or Maya
- Demonstrated familiarity with interface styles and designs in current generation console games, DVD interfaces, and websites
- Solid understanding of UI scripting and state machines
- Some modeling and texturing skills using 3ds Max, or Maya is a plus
- Excellent data management skills, with the ability to manage and track large amounts of data as they go through the UI pipeline, with attention to naming conventions, directory structures, and other processes
- Portfolio demonstrating hands-on graphic and visual design work from shipped AAA console games, websites or other interactive software
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.