UI Artist - Infinity Ward
20 days ago
Job Title:UI Artist - Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter .
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a UI Artist. This person will work closely with the multi-discipline UI team to help deliver the vision for innovative, cutting-edge user interfaces for Call of Duty titles.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Working with the UI/UX Director and UI Art Lead to establish and push the look of the game’s UI, covering the frontend, in-game HUD and any additional art content required whilst adhering to the established UI styleguide, game direction and overall theme and aesthetic.
- Strong understanding of the principals of design, color theory and typography.
- Creation of assets based on defined art styles from initial concept through to the final product. Assets can range from whole screen layouts, iconography, backgrounds, map imagery through to widgets and button helpers.
- Authoring of comps and assets with motion in mind, to convey concepts, visualize functionality, flow, and animation states.
- Working with UI Engineers, UX Designers and wider feature and gameplay teams to problem solve and ensure visuals are creating the best possible user experience.
- Own and manage assets from establishing naming conventions, maintaining accurate and functional checked-in content, and proactively ensuring stakeholders are updated.
- Shipped at-least 1 AAA multi-platform title, through the entirety of its production.
- Possess a strong graphics design background and be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- A clear understanding of art optimization, game and engine constraints.
- Be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule.
- The ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team.
- Be able to provide and take constructive feedback to push the boundaries of interface design.
- Demonstrable proficiency in motion graphics creation for game UI.
- Avid gamer.
- After Effects
- Scripting (e.g. Lua)
- 3ds Max / Maya / Blender
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.