This job might no longer be available.
Lead UI Artist
Under the international head of art supervision, w ork with us to design and develop user interface styles, structures and flows integrated in our projects, augmenting gameplay systems and complementing the established art direction.
About the Role:
For our Montreal studio and a s a team lead y ou will combine art, design and creative skills to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. You will join a dozen UI artists with teams still growing in this fast-working environment where innovation meets creativity.
- Define UI quality standards and process for the UI team
- Manage a team of 4 UI artists located in Guadalajara - Mexico
- Work with product stakeholders and the product team to define and implement innovative solutions for the UI direction and visuals .
- Create and supervise the creation of UI assets to complement Art Direction.
- Create and supervise the creation of high-quality game mock-ups to demonstrate UI/UX concepts.
- E nsure the quality and technical integrity of all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Assure Integrat ion standards with game engine in collaboration with engineering.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Minimum 6 years of p roven UI experience
- Experience leading and mentoring JR and intermediate artists.
- Proficiency in Unity, Unreal or other commercial game engines
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Proficiency in Perforce, Git and SVN
- Excellent visual design skills with sensibility to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Plus: motion design and VFX knowledge
What we Offer:
- A diverse portfolio of projects and tech in which you will be involved based on your skill set and desire for professional development
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be as equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Flexible workplace options (remote, work from home, hybrid, and in-office)
- Great health, dental, life, and travel insurance plan
- Company matching for RRSPs as well as optional savings programs with RRSPs and TFSAs
- Virtual health care