This job might no longer be available.
UI Artist - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
1 month ago
Job Title:UI Artist - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Diablo IV is seeking a talented and passionate UI Artist to come work with us and make Diablo the next best ARPG out there.
As a UI Artist for Diablo IV, you will be responsible for working with a team of UI Artists and UI/UX Designers to craft the hand-painted interfaces of Diablo IV. This role would be well suited for an artist who brings an understanding of the game’s genre, strong illustration abilities, and an eye for visual design.
- Illustrate user interfaces building upon the game’s established visual direction and artistic standard
- Deliver user interface art exemplifying the Diablo genre from mockups to implementable assets
- Own features, understand core challenges of technical needs, design, and visual identity
- Collaborate on gameplay and communicates effectively with the team’s lead, artists, designers, and other disciplines
- Work with an efficient, collaborative workflow across art, design, and engineering team
- 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX Artist for games
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Portfolio showcasing UI art and strong proficiency in artistic fundamentals, illustration, and material rendering
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
- Strong visual design skills and understanding of usability design
- Working knowledge of game UI trends, development, and up-to-date implementation practices
- Self-motivated, collaborative, with phenomenal communication skills
W e love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Passion for the Diablo franchise/ARPG games
- Desire to work in and understand game engines
- Experience with VFX/animated UI
You need the following to apply:
- Portfolio of game projects or personal projects you’ve worked on, whether independently or professionally
- Cover Letter
Send the team your cover letter, resume, and portfolio. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.