This job might no longer be available.
UI Artist (Console)
4 months ago
The Graphical User Interface Artist is responsible for ensuring the design and the graphic production of the menus and user interfaces of video games.
He/she must create graphical menu user interfaces which will communicate the relevant information required in order to guide the player and improve the total overall player experience.
This person will work in close cooperation with the artistic director, game designers and programmers.
- Develop concepts and the design of the game menus and user interfaces
- Determine gameplay with the collaboration of the game designer and the artistic director
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces.
Qualifications and technical skills:
- Experience in working on console games and has motion graphic design background.
- University or college diploma in graphic and multi-media design or a relevant work experience
- 3 years minimum of experience in graphic design (or the equivalent) specialized in the creation of interfaces and in menu design
- Provide a portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills
- Understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
- Comprehension of “Action Script” language
- Knowledge in Web design
- Ability to learn new operating systems
- Creative and artistic nature
- User interface usability
- Good understanding of After Effect, 3DSMAX, 3D modeling
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com