UI / 2D Artist
12 days ago
The Molasses Flood is seeking a mid to senior level UI / 2D ARTIST to help craft the look and feel of the UI for our new game.The person in this role will work closely with the 2D Lead, UI Designer, UI Engineer, other artists and designers to create and enhance the player’s experience of the game’s world, while maintaining the studio’s stylized art standards.
This is a full-time salaried position, reporting to the Lead 2D Artist. This job could be performed either working a hybrid model out of our office in the greater Boston area, or remote within the contiguous US states. Relocation assistance is available for moving to Boston area. All staff works on a schedule aligned to US eastern time.
- Create concept art for the look and feel of the UI.
- Craft hand painted, stylized graphic elements to compliment the game and enhance the user’s experience.
- Including but not limited to: the creation of in game icons, logos, HUD elements, transition screens
- Bring user interface art from wireframes and mockups to implementable assets.
- Work closely with Engineers to implement and maintain UI assets.
- Optimize textures and materials used in UI art.
- Collaborate with Design, Art and Engineering to meet the style and quality expectations of the project.
- Work closely with the 2D Art Lead to help create a visual library for all marketing and branding assets.
- Minimum of 3 years as a UI Artist in the video game industry.
- Portfolio demonstrating stylized UI art for previous game projects.
- Proficient using Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of UI trends and latest techniques in gaming.
- Ability to work independently, well organized and efficiently.
- Candidates must have a US work visa or citizenship.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively coordinate across disciplines.
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG) and Blueprints.
- Experience with Unreal 4 / 5
- Graphic design background.
- Experience with accessibility issues and requirements as would pertain to UI.
- Experience collaborating on the development of and maintenance of a studio UI Style Guide.
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision plans available - for employees and dependents
- 401K with matching
- Company paid long & short term disability plans, and life insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedule
- Some positions available for Remote work
- Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges
The Molasses Flood is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at The Molasses Flood is based on ability – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Molasses Flood is the newest member of the CD PROJEKT group, and is located in Boston, MA. We were founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. We’re currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and are growing our team across all departments. We value every voice on the team, open communication and transparency, and run a studio based on mutual respect and kindness between all members and levels of the team. If this sounds like the type of team you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply. If you require any specific accommodations as part of our application process, please let us know so we can try to provide for your needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.