UE4 networking developer
11 days ago
Starloop Studios is the leading Game Development outsourcing company in Spain. Known for its production capacity, outstanding talent, and delivering top-notch quality projects to international gaming companies.
We are proud members of Magic Media, a group of service-oriented studios focused on providing solutions from A-Z to game companies. The group spans the globe, with over 500 members in over 10 countries. It is composed of some of the best studios in Europe and America with an expert range of services. These include full game cycle production and development, 2D and 3D art and Animation, VFX, and Cybersecurity for games, and more.
About the job:
We are looking for a UE4 networking developer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated, and a strong team player.
The ideal candidate will have extensive full-time UE Server programming experience in games. We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting multiplayer games with dozens of concurrent players (+50) from back-end and front-end sides.
- Experience with Unreal networking protocol, including Online Subsystems, connections, sessions, and game state serialization
- Experience interacting with one or more Online Subsystems, e.g. Steam, Epic Online Services,…
- Implement Unreal 4 networking features for social interaction
- Discuss, design and integrate new networking components and replication architectures
- Ownership over matchmaking, session flow, and/or dedicated servers
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of an agile game production team
- Minimum 2 year experience with Unreal Engine 4
- 4+ years with C++, both within the confines of Unreal and in general
- Excellent communication skills
- At least one shipped multiplayer UE4 title
- Fluent in English
Desirable pluses (just nice to have):
- AAA experience
- Java microservices
- Experience working with Amazon Gamelift, Google Firebase or Microsoft Playfab
- Solid technical foundation (e.g. Computer Science / Maths Degree or equivalent)
What you will find working with us:
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Starloop, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!
Learn more about Starloop Studios:
- Website: https://starloopstudios.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/starloopstudios
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/starloopstudios
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatstarloop/
Do you want to start working at Starloop? Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.