UA Creative Designer
8 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a UA Creative Designer , your day-to-day tasks will consist of ideating and designing visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and social media adverts and promotional creatives. Your ability to bring your vision and concepts to life will not only be welcomed but celebrated. One of the key aspects of your role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between game and concepts - appealing to our users and serving the marketing purpose, missions and targets.
What you tell your friends you do
“I convince people to play our games by designing super-smart advertising creatives”
What you will really be doing
- Working with the team, and independently to ideate and conceptualise new ideas for our user acquisition creative production.
- Evaluating trends, assessing new data, and keeping up-to-date with the latest marketing campaigns in the industry.
- Researching and documenting tailored marketing ideas based on individual project requirements.
- Running brainstorming meetings and creative sessions.
- Shaping and creating procedures to ensure consistency in ideation and contribution from the other team members.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Developing exceptional and well-crafted ideations docs and storyboards that meet a project's requirements.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Monitor results of creatives and propose actions and revisions for the same.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams across a range of skill sets both within the marketing creative team and in other teams.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirement
- Digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web and social
- A solid understanding of design, copy, and story telling.
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have in-depth knowledge of advertising, and multichannel marketing models.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Hands-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and Advertising
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas as well and come up with new ones to create high performance creatives.
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.