Trust & Safety Operations Manager, Text Filter
8 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Our Moderation Team is dedicated to protecting Roblox users and developers from those who want to do harm online and IRL. We are looking for someone to analyze complex technical data to help us determine how bad actors might operate and manifest on our platform, and how we can stop them.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Intelligence & Investigations on our world-class Trust & Safety team.
This role is full-time and located at our headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- Lead a globally-dispersed multilingual team of over 50 moderation agents
- Provide guidance and make decisions on how to best filter abusive content, while maintaining as much freedom of expression as possible, based on our Community Guidelines and policies
- Work with product and engineer teams to create machine learning models to proactively detect violative content
- Moderate accounts that violate our Community Standards, in accordance with Roblox policies
- Work with internal stakeholders to adjust text filters to react quickly to emerging trends or immediate requirements
- Track metrics and recommend process improvements for Text Filter team
- Train new members and oversee QA process to maintain efficiency and accuracy
- 4+ years of experience in moderation, machine learning model training, education or analysis
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of diverse professionals
- Experience working with sensitive or disturbing content
- The ability to identify team needs, and come up with innovative solutions
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$177,400 — $211,290 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.