Training Specialist (6 Month Contract)
Austin Texas 78729 United States
7 days ago
Training Specialist, Worldwide Customer Experience (6-month contract)
Location: Austin, Texas
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We’re hiring a contract Training Specialist for 6 months.
This role is part of EA’s Customer Experience organization. The Customer Experience organization exists to help the world play. We’re players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
The Training Specialist we want thrives on elevating the learning experience of others. You obsess over the best ways to train, engage, and support our employees using Instructor Led and E-Learn training elements – starting with EA game advisors – so they are prepared and ready to help our players.
We need help for our busy season when all our advisors get trained on new games like FIFA, Madden, and Need For Speed.You’ll focus on:
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Working with subject-matter experts to identify what the target audience needs most from training
- Analyzing and applying trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Creating supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, and so on)
- Devising modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintaining project documentation and course folders
- Collaborating across the business to make sure the training aligns with coaching, quality, operations management, process, vendor partners, and other teams that impact the employee experience
- Developing and maintaining training materials including:
- Continued Education
- Instructor-Led Training
- Product and Game Play
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills and experiences:
- Experienced, confident classroom facilitator
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Experienced in using Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone)
- Experienced in multiple design tools (Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, Windows and Mac design tools, Google Apps)
- Ability to compose instructional text, audio/video scripts, and Interactive Multimedia
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you’re great at written, verbal, and visual communication, and you can write clear, polished comms in a variety of channels
- Ability to maintain your composure and accept feedback in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Proven experience as an excellent self-starter and in follow through - you have experience working successfully with autonomy and taking something from 40% to 100+%
Bonus business experience would be:
- CRM or Technical Training Design
- Using Salesforce tools like Salesforce Lightning
We love people who are:
- Quick learners: You know how to get up to speed in a new environment and deliver technical materials on a short timeline.
- Strategic: You understand the long-term vision and near-term priorities and can balance the two in an ever-changing environment.
- Proactive: You provide recommendations and take the lead without prompting.
- Creative: You find out-of-the-box/non-traditional ways to engage employees with training and are always looking for the next innovative thing to wow our team.
- Efficient: You’re organized, resourceful, and always looking for ways to do things better and faster.
- Team player: You collaborate well with others, and encourage others to collaborate as well.
- Passionate: You feel strongly about adult learning and strive to innovate in that space.
- Open to feedback: You listen to feedback, implement what you can, and recognize that not everyone is going to love everything you do; and that’s ok.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re self-motivated to jump in, roll up your sleeves, and get it done; you know that actions speak louder than words, and you thrive on achievement.