Total War QA Functionality Tester
14 days ago
SEGA Centre of Excellence Sofia is dedicated to serving SEGA’s Development teams in providing quality, timely, and effective QA services. The Centre is based in Business Park Sofia, nearby Mladost 4 district.
We cultivate diverse, creative QA talent with a network of studios across Europe , US and Canada.
Synonymous with quality, our world-class development studios include Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Hardlight, Amplitude, Relic Entertainment and Two Point Studios. We assist all studios with publishing QA and validation functions. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Today we’re building a highly successful team that is dedicated to driving the continued success and evolution of our European business. Check out Sega.com to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA Sofia’s Development Services team is looking for bright and motivated people to join us as Functionality Testers (or Games Testers as they’re more commonly known). This position is an excellent opportunity for people wanting to start a career in an industry which is fast paced, dynamic and above all fun!
We are looking for bright and motivated enthusiasts to join us as QA Testers for our team , de dicated to the “Total War” titles.
Getting the chance to work on these titles before launch, you’ll be responsible for testing the game to ensure it plays as the developers intended it to and that it is free from any bugs.
This position is an excellent opportunity for game’s fans and people wanting to start a career in an industry which is fast paced, dynamic and above all fun!
Please note that we are unable to offer visa assistance and all applicants must have full eligibility to work in Bulgaria to be considered for this opportunity.
Key Responsibilities :
- Follow a test script in a thorough and consistent manner
- Use test scripts and testing skills to finds bugs and identify the severity and risk to the business
- Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions (e.g. using the correct naming conventions, what the bug is, steps to reproduce etc) , in English language.
- Follow instructions accurately and in a timely manner
- Honestly and effectively communicate important issues and actively work with colleagues when needed
- Assist with coordination of group-based testing
- If required the job holder may be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary
- The job holder may be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the management team that are suitable to your job remit.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
- Passionate “Total War” fan.
- Experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly .
- Work proficiency of English language, both spoken and written. You’ll be required to communicate in English with your peers across the world.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
- High standards of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Adaptability and willingness to improve processes and own development
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Maintain an adaptable approach to testing
- Flexibility to work additional hours if necessary
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company.