Tools support specialist
14 days ago
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for a Tools Support specialist to join the team in charge of developing a new AAA title.
At the heart of the project, you will join the Tools and Automation team.
First of all, you are the point of contact for the development team needing support and problem solving on production tools.
Your main mission will be to validate the editor and test the tools on which you will be acting as the point of contact and will be responsible for documenting workflows and creating test cases (manual and automatic tests, for tools and editor validation).
You will gain unique knowledge of tools that are used for production, and you will have the opportunity to work on the newest-gen consoles and technologies. This knowledge will allow you to execute the basics of the production tasks (level design, sound design, etc.) so that you will ensure that the tools are working properly.
Your experience in tools will allow you to efficiently offer support to the other production teams, as a tools specialist.
You will report the various malfunctions to the Programmers, and you will follow-up on their resolution.
You will be the link between the Users (level designers for instance) and the Tools Programmers.
You will regularly communicate on the tools updates and help production teams to use them for different purposes.
You will help the newcomers in the team (setup their workplace and access rights)
· You have entry-level experience in testing IT or gaming applications (setup, follow-up and tracking a test plan)
· You already have experience working with a video game engine and knows the production jobs
· You have basic knowledge of programming or script languages (C#, Python)
· Knowing how to use Perforce, Git or another version control system is a plus
· Knowing automatized tests is a plus
· You are helpful and have good communication skills to work within a team and help them with their requests
· You work autonomously, can solve problems and prioritize the critical tasks and handle stress well
· You are proficient in English, written and spoken for daily us
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
· Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
· Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
· Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
· Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international developmen
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!