Tools programmer (M/F)
Annecy Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes fr
9 days ago
For its Production Studio at Annecy, Ubisoft is looking for a Tools Programmer to join the team in charge of developing a new AAA game.
As a software engineer working in a AAA multi-site programming team, you are responsible for supporting and extending game editor and engine technologies to meet team production needs. Eager to learn from diverse technical landscapes and people, you dig into the code base from data management to game play and world building tools. You work with technical owners to build a strong and broad understanding of the technology. Your improvements to the editor and tech directly influence the speed and quality with which content and programing teams deliver. Unlike most software jobs, your ‘customers’ are the people you work with, so you’ll get instant feedback on the teams impact.
- Integrate a programming team composed of tools and gameplay programmers.
- Design, implement, debug, optimize and iterate on new and existing engine systems and tools, in direct collaboration with end users (designers, artists, animators…).
- Gather engine and game editor technical knowledge to provide technical support/advice to the teams and solve the production problems #productivityengineer
- Leverage on your expertise and creativity to propose out of the box and innovative solutions and explore new ideas
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in C++ programming in game industry or software development.
- Experience of game engines such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, etc…
- Experience in working with build systems or continuous delivery/integration pipelines is a plus.
- Experience of tools or user facing programs development is a plus. Understanding of UX principles is also beneficial.
- Experience of python, c#, shell, R, db programming are a plus.
- Experience in machine learning and data analytics are a plus.
- Good knowledge of 3D programming and mathematics.
- Proactive, autonomous, fast learner, team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge in spoken and written English.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!