Tools Support Specialist
17 days ago
As a Tools Support Specialist, you will be part of the project's frontline support team. You will be both a generalist serving the project as a whole, but also specialized in the tools and processes used by your content production team.
You will be confronted with simple or more complex issues on all work processes and tools used by the production team.
The role of the Tools Support Specialist is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the project as a whole, using his/her expertise to improve production methodologies and tools as well as to train and coach newcomers.
If you are not from the game industry, if you put customer service, communication and continuous improvement before everything else, if you come from areas such as SRE, QA, DEVOPS, Tech Art, Programmer, Technical Support, Network Administration, IT ..., if you love to be in the middle of complex situations without clear solutions, if you are continuously looking to expand and share your knowledge in a variety of subjects, if you love to optimize and develop work processes and tools, then this job is for you!
- Provide technical support to the production teams and ensure the good functioning of the tools used in production
- Solve and report tools dysfunctions to the programmers
- Test the tools and their functioning
- Accompany and train newcomers to the work processes and tools they will use
- Be the point of reference for the tools
- Communicate on the evolution of the tools and accompany the production in their various uses
- Write and maintain the documentation related to your specialties
- A first experience in computer application testing or in video games
- Knowledge of programming or scripting language is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a service-oriented approach to users
- Good problem solving skills
- Good priority management and organizational skills
- Fluent English, oral and written
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview with the recruiter
- Interview with the Project Manager
- Possibly, final interview with the team
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works passionately on the biggest AAA games to deliver the best gaming experiences. Today, the studio has over 340 talents, from 15 different nationalities, working on licenses such as Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Rainbow Six, as well as other unannounced HD and mobile projects. We are also working on cross-functional cloud computing and game streaming projects with Harbour Team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.