Tools Support Specialist
10 days ago
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at all Ubisoft Studios to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
What you’ll do
You are the development team’s go-to for support and problem solving on production tools. Reporting to the Lead Programmer, you develop, maintain and manage the test plans; run tests; and report your findings back to the team so the tools that build our games are always functional. You’re a resourceful troubleshooter, bring a methodical approach to your work and have rigorous attention to detail. You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
- Develop, maintain, and manage the test data sets
- Establish test plans and test editors/tools/engines (test cases)
- Report bugs, validate bug fixes
- Create test reports for tools and build versions, provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Support the testers on the QC teams in the debugging phase
- Work with different disciplines to troubleshoot workflow issues
- Develop other tools or scripts for the needs of the project
- Identify and develop automated solutions for repetitive testing tasks
What you bring
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- College diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in testing, ideally in the video game industry
- Experience in C#, Python, and MS DOS Batch files
- Understanding of software production pipeline and tools (game experience a bonus)
- Knowledge of source control (Perforce, Git, etc), and continuous integration systems (QuickBuild, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with task tracking software (Jira, Asana, Trello, etc), Active Directory, Windows API
- Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Previous experience as a Release Manager / Build Engineer
- Experience in game development toolsets (Unreal Editor, Unity, etc)
- Experience with 3D modeling tools (Maya, Blender, 3DS-Max)
- Knowledge of art production tools (Photoshop, Gimp)
- Knowledge of other languages (C++, C, PHP, Perl, HTML, Unix Shell Scripts, JAVA Script or VB script)
- Modern video game console experience (PlayStation 4 or 5, Xbox One or Series X/S)
- Passion for video games and the desire to have fun at work!
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, vision or any other materials you think we might find helpful.
A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.