This job might no longer be available.
Tools Software Engineer (C#/C++) - Maxis - The Sims
17 days ago
Maxis is building out a full-remote studio in the UK/EU time zone and this role will be handled full remotely.
Tools Software Engineer - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
As a Tools Engineer you will work closely with content developers across the team to develop and support Tools to enhance their creativity and productivity. You will be reporting to the Tools Lead Engineer.
- Focus on improving our development capacity and operating efficiency through tooling, process and automation
- Build, maintain, and support internal tools designed to empower content creators
- You will work closely with all disciplines to gather requirements, collaborate on solutions and execute
- Implement new features and improve existing ones in workflow tools using C# and C++
- Provide customer support troubleshooting issues the local game team encounters as well as with the tools themselves in a patient and understanding manner
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and improve pipeline / workflow improvements to increase productivity and ease workloads
- Able to work independently
- Update and create clear and concise documentation to support pipeline / workflow processes
- Maintain communication between stakeholders across North America and European time zones
- Passion for making tools for developers through a customer oriented mindset
- Experience with video game content pipelines on shipped games
- Proven programming experience and skill in C# and C++
- Professional experience as an engineer on a game/tools team
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
Nice to Have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- CS degree preferred
- Windows Presentation Platform (WPF) experience or similar GUI frameworks
- Python experience
- Database experience