10 days ago
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for our newest addition to our Tools Team! As a Tools Programmer, you will play an integral role in designing, implementing, and enhancing the current and future tools we use to aid our Mobile Games development! This role will directly impact Studio-Wide process' through encouraging effective and efficient ways of working. If you have a spark towards Tools Development and Mobile Games, we want to hear from you!
- Facilitate an understanding of key needs from all departments within the studio and assess where/how we can enhance the production pipeline through scripting and programming.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across all departments within a Mobile Games production pipeline.
- Analyze features within the game engine and existing tools to suggest improvements through designing/implementing new systems, wherever necessary;
- Support features and systems designed by production (i.e. Scripts plug-ins for third-party applications like 3DS MAX, Maya, Source Control, etc.)
- Assist in the correction of bugs within tools, as required.
- Share information through documentation to transfer knowledge on the usage of tools, systems and features.
- Carry out other tasks as per the needs of our Mobile Games Production!
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work/practical experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years working experience within Software Programming (preferably within a video-game development environment).
- A demonstrated ability to understand and account for user needs within a development setting.
- A track-record of working both autonomously and within a team, while showing high levels of motivation and resourcefulness!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An advanced understanding and working knowledge of C#, Python, WPF, PyQt, etc.
- An expressed interest in problem solving, curiosity and technical interests!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team-building and collaboration!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs ,Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the Unknown.