12 days ago
Are you a natural problem solver and collaborator?
Are you a methodical and analytical engineer who loves a good challenge ?
Do you believe that creating games is bigger than what one person can do alone?
If so, our Tools Programmer opportunity might be the perfect role for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building tools used to create exceptional strategy games. Working with artists, animators, designers, and programmers across all game areas, you’ll bridge the gap between creative and tech through internal tools that make our content pipelines reliable and efficient. Your work is essential to our team’s ability to implement features more efficiently than ever before.
As our Tools Programmer, you will...
- Create and maintain tools that optimize our production pipeline
- Take ownership of the design, creation, and deployment of required software
- Solve problems creatively in order to ensure solutions run within performance and memory budgets
- Collaborate with non-technical team members to ensure tools meet their needs
- Continuously find ways to improve the usability and performance of our tools system
- Brainstorm creative solutions with other programmers
We're looking for someone who has...
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C#
- Experience working with WPF
- A computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
- A love for games
It's a bonus if you are...
- Experienced with pipeline tools on an engine or platform
- Familiar with build systems and scripting languages (Python and Lua)
- Interested in vector math and linear algebra
- Able to send a link to your website or github account, with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.