21 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden and Romania. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our Core Tech team needs a Tools Programmer to work on our source control infrastructure.
Your Mission at Funcom
In this position, your responsibilities will be to create and maintain our source control infrastructure, help to make software building and deployment easier, design scripts and tools used for software deployment, and seamlessly integrate updates of the software using continuous delivery pipelines.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Maintenance and improvement of the build system (in-house technology)
- Develop and improve our build scripts
- Maintain our source control software (perforce and in-house solutions)
- Providing support for the teams.
- Work on build automation
- Improving builds performance
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the build process
We are looking for someone that has:
- Experience with Python, c# and .net
- Experience with Perforce administration
- Experience using CI tooling
- Experience with DevOps (preferable)
- Experience working with the Unreal editor and build tool (preferable)
- Knowledge of continuous build, release, and deployment systems.
- Knowledge of container-based development (preferable)
- Desire and ability to write clear documentation for the end-users
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible! Please apply in English.
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure where you can thrive, be yourself, leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, with more than 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with many sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.