7 days ago
What We Need:
Firaxis Games is seeking a motivated Systems programmer to join our development team. We’re looking for an engineer with a strong foundation in software engineering who enjoys working on a diverse set of challenging problems. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and maintain tools that enhance usability and user experience.
- Understand user workflows to develop software that is easy to use and improves productivity.
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base.
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Fluent in both C# and C++ programming languages.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with multiple languages, frameworks and tools a plus.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about games.
- Good team communication skills, able to translate rough ideas into concrete implementations
- 2+ years industry experience.
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
GAMEPLAY FIRST - Let gameplay drive decision making
BE ACCOUNTABLE - Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
PEOPLE FOCUSED - Maintain an environment where people are happy
EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM - Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
WORK SMART - Put effort where it pays off the most
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.