This job might no longer be available.
1 year ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for Tools/Generalist Programmers passionate about developing a world-class, AAA game engine and development tools. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement new engine features and pipeline tools with little to no direction. You should have an endless list of ideas for improving the game development pipeline and adding exciting new features to the engine. You will make a direct impact on the productivity of others by developing user-facing tools for one of the leading game engines used by developers across the world.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement tools and engine features for Unreal Engine 4
- Design and implement user interfaces for the editor
- Fix bugs and maintain the Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Support external customers by answering their requests and questions
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ skills
- Experience writing tools that improve the user experience of the consumer of the tool or that add some obvious value to game development or similar field
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE4 UI system)
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and/or Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.