23 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
As part of the Fortnite Ecosystem Team you’ll be working on Unreal Editor for Fortnite, tools and tech that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite. You’ll be working on initiatives that improve how our team builds, tests, delivers, and supports features. We believe automation, continuous integration, testing, and analytics are key to maximizing a development team's effectiveness. Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming ecosystems in the world!
In this role, you will
- Build APIs, frameworks, and tools for other development teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve and extend existing tests, frameworks and development workflows.
- Work closely with QA and other developers to streamline/optimize human interactions and problem solving.
- Work with the Fortnite Creative Team to ensure new and existing features are written as testable units.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of Fortnite engineering and content creation teams to solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of Fortnite forward.
What we're looking for
- Experience working on game features or technology with C/C++
- Familiarity or willingness to learn C# and Python.
- A passion for maximizing devel oper efficiency and product quality through automation.
- Experience collaborating with QA, producers and fellow engineers to deliver live software.
- An interest in game engines and game development concepts such as scripting, exporters, data processing, packaging, deployment.
- Experience with automation frameworks and continuous integration software such as Jenkins, Teamcity, etc.
- Experience working with a large codebase at a fast pace, and considering trade-offs between usability, performance, and time.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Washington Base Pay Range
$125,139 — $183,537 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.