Tools Programmer - Unreal Engine
19 days ago
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Tools Programmer with experience creating tools for animation, AR/VR, and pre-visualization workflows including data interchange with other digital content creation tools.
As an Tools Programmer with DigitalFish, you will develop next-generation technologies that define the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users. DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Apple, Google, Meta, Disney, DreamWorks, Activision, Technicolor, ESPN, LEGO, NASA and many others.
Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Develop import/export tools with user interfaces in Unreal Engine 4 and 5
- Support exchange of character models, materials and animation with other DCCs
- Build tools to interact with data in the sequencer
- Enable smooth transfer of media in and out of editorial
- Work closely within a team of developers and with senior technical staff in DigitalFish, as well as our client creative and technical teams.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 3-5+ years of experience developing in C++ and Python for Unreal Engine, with a working knowledge of Unreal Engine architecture and APIs
- 2+ years experience developing plugins for a DCC tool such as Maya or Houdini
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine material setups and HLSL shaders is a plus.
- Experience integrating with production management APIs (ShotGrid or ftrack) is a plus.
- Proven understanding of 3-D graphics fundamentals
- Solid general programming skills including practical knowledge of OOP
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
Our team is fully remote, working effectively together in real time. The ability to work on West Coast time zone is preferred.
Principals only, recruiting firms please do not contact us. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time. All applicants must have the right to work in the U.S. We look forward to hearing from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.