Tools Programmer (Studio Tools)
1 month ago
Location: Work from home (UK only) or from our brand-new studio in Cambridge, UK.
Level: All levels
About us: Ninja Theory is a five-time Bafta award winning games company based in Cambridge, UK and part of Xbox Game Studios. Our Mission is: To Craft Life-changing Art with Game-changing Tech and we are building the team that will help us fulfil that promise.
Your Role: Make the smart workplace of the future a reality!
You’ll work in a small team of tools programmers to help improve studio software infrastructure, workflows, and automating, or improving, standard studio processes through the code you write.
Your work will streamline all of the above, reducing time-sinks and allowing the entire studio to become more productive.
You’ll use your knowledge and skills to produce high quality, robust, and easy to use tools that free us from the mundane and boring and allow us to concentrate on the creative and exciting.
You will have:
- Passion for games, tools and workflows
- A good working knowledge of C++ and C#
- The ability to collaborate with a wide range of disciplines
- The ability to adapt to whatever new challenges emerge.
As well as the above skills you’ll also have:
- Professional programming experience in a similar or related role
- Education to at least degree level, or equivalent knowledge, in any relevant subject
As a bonus, we’d also love you to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Additional language and tool experience (Python, Perforce, Jenkins, etc)
Our Values: Greatness through Excellence, Teamwork & Integrity
We offer great pay, wide-ranging benefits and flexible working arrangements so you can focus on what matters. We avoid hierarchy, egos and crunch, preferring trust, talent and experience to see us through. You will be part of a family, a clan of ninjas who know what it takes to succeed, and who will encourage and support you to do the same.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a BAFTA Award winning studio in the Xbox Game Studios Group and be part of pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment.